RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Can't find the fuse or breaker for the flip down DVD over…

Customer Question
Can't find the fuse...

Can't find the fuse or breaker for the flip down DVD over the bunks, I think it's also connected to the outlet behind the kitchen sink because it's not working either

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

I found the one under the dash none of those fuses are tripped, also there is a panel under the refrigerator and those are all fine as well

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

I checked the GFI on the inverter and that is also fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RV?

2012 Winnebago sightseer 35j

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked all the breakers and fuses how I can find

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing else I can think of

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: RV
4/2/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 19 days ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Click HERE for a wiring diagram, if these are outlets that are not working I do not think they are on the same circuit, it does look like you have two GFI's according to the print. Make sure you cycle the breakers as well for the outlets that are not working, sometimes a breaker can trip and not look like it, if the breakers are good and the GFI'S are good I might check the actual wiring on each outlet for that circuit, many times if one outlet goes down the others will as well or you have a problem with that particular outlet. I am hoping the diagram helps you out on this. IF all the connections look good at the outlets you may have a wiring problem and I would let a shop tackle that.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.... Robert

RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 17 days ago

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

ROBERT

RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 14 days ago

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

ROBERT

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
Its not a GFCI, unless there is one hidden somewhere. The only GFI I found was on the inverter in the compartment in the basement. There's not a GFI in the bathroom or the kitchen. We have found every fuse we can find and they are all good. The weird thing is it's only the two DVD players and the two outlets in the kitchen that is off everything else is working fine.
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 days ago

That is odd on the print I sent you it says you have a GFI in the bathroom and kitchen. OR it says "bathwall" click HERE again and look at where the outlets are and let me know if that looks incorrect... Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic