RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have bought a 1998 salem 5th wheel. I am looking to light…

Customer Question
Hello i have bought...

Hello i have bought a 1998 salem 5th wheel. I am looking to light the furnace but not sure where to locate the pilot vin # is 4x4fsma26wa002764

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Pilot light on furnace not actually a light

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Pilot?

1998 salem

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looking for the furnace pilot light simply want to light the furnce

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
4/2/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Ok

T​hat should have an electronic control board for that. What is the make and model of the furnace? Once I have that I can get a copy of the Service Manual for you and assist you in sorting out any problem. You should just be able to turn on the gas and set the thermostat to heat and the temp setting and it should fire up.

It should be either an Atwood model or Suburban model.

See the attached link for a copy of the Atwood Service Manual. Print this out so you have it, unless you have a Suburban model and then let me know and I can get that one for you. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf

I am adding a link to the Atwood Hydroflame manual for you in case it is an Atwood furnace. If you have a Suburban model let me know and I can grab that one for you. https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/Slideouts/Schwintek_In

_Wall____Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

Ignore that second posting............site is acting up again today!

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!

No thank u i found it you were not really any help i did not know where to locate the furnace but ive figured it out thank you anyway

Pretty hard to help when you don't respond! This site depends on an exchange of information. Since you didn't do that, I can say much. Glad you got it figured out. Now you know how to get the furnace fired up!