gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Having trouble with a slide out. When retracting it stalls,

Customer Question

Having trouble with a slide out. When retracting it stalls, bumps and then is sitting about 2 inches higher than it used to.
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: this is on a slide out in the coach
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2012 Thor Challenger
JA: Are you fixing your Challenger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything. Not sure where to start.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Do you know whose slide hardware you have? Cables or gear tracks on each side of the room? Or gear tracks underneath the room? These are supplied by about 4 or 5 companies to the OEMs. Once I know which one you have I can assist you further. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!