RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Dometic thermstat in an Airstsream RV. I cannot get the

Customer Question
Dometic thermstat in an...

Dometic thermstat in an Airstsream RV. I cannot get the "Program Setting" off of the thermostat so I can just use "Cool Setting" all of the time.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Airstream 2018, 30' RB Flying Cloud

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '18 RV?

30 RB

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

While operating the thermostat, I touched the "Program" button which shows as Program 1 or 2. I do not want to use the program status, only to operate the AC without the program . How do I get the Program Status to not operate?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No; however, this is a brand new trailer that has not been on the first trip yet so I suspect the freon level is at max. I think it is just how to set up the thermostat to not show "Program".

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
Dometic prints a small Instruction Booklet that is used to correctly operate the AC Unit in the Airstream Trailer. I did not receive this booklet in this new trailer. Do you have this booklet on a web page that I can go to?
3/31/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Y​es. See the attached link for that. If you can't get the thermostat to move off the programming mode. Disconnect it for about 5 minutes and then reset it again as per the manual. Let me know if you need more here as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. http://www.primetimerv.com/download/ComponentManuals/Thermostat-DualZoneComfortControl-Dometic-OperatingInstructions.pdf

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!