RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The coolant is low on our 2013 Phaeton. 39,000. Good. We’re…

Customer Question
The coolant is low...

The coolant is low on our 2013 Phaeton

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

39,000. Good. We’re having acceleration problems going up inclines

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Phaeton yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we are. We tried to take the cap off the reservoir

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/31/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Are you getting a low coolant alarm on the dash or any other warning lights coming on?

As far as the cap, on some you have to push down really hard and then turn so the tabs on the cap align with the slots on the tank OR it will just unscrew, if that is the issue and you still can not get the cap off send me a picture using the paper clip icon on the page.

IF you are getting a warning light only when going up inclines then there is a good chance low coolant level is causing the issue, if you are NOT getting a warning light then something else could be going on.

Please feel free to contact me if you have more questions or concerns, all follow ups are included.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

ROBERT