RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Press inside light button and all outside lights come on.

Customer Question
Press inside light button...

Press inside light button and all outside lights come on. Strip lite in awning plus external lite.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The ones in the new Jayco expanda

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2017 Expanda 14.44

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will but have tried nothing so far.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
3/30/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

No probs

And you think that this isn't supposed to happen? It may have been wired up that way for some reason. Or am I not understanding the problem correctly?

No it shouldnt happen. Especially when awning is rooled up,

Then apparently someone has been messing with the wiring. If you only have one switch there must have been more that than originally. You can add another in most cases without much trouble. I think I would start by contacting Jayco Customer Service and getting the wiring diagrams for this so you can see exactly how it was supposed to be wired from the factory.

Hey Randall I agreed to a $5 charge and you took an extra $48.00. without my permission. I will forward this conversation to the Obudsman in Australia and see if we can get rid of you crooks.

I think you just failed to read the explanation of the charges. Happens sometimes. And not to worry as we have a 100% guarantee here. A full refund will be granted. And perhaps just take this into a shop and have it repaired. I suspect it will quite a bit more than we get. Have a nice day........