RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

No power to slides. Consistent. 2016 Puma 31bhss. Fixing…

Customer Question
No power to slides ...

No power to slides

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2016 Puma 31bhss

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing myself. It just happened. I was going to check fuses

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
3/30/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​he most common cause of this is a shortstop breaker that has tripped up near the batteries. See the attached link for a photo of what they look like. Push the black button back in on the end with the copper post. Follow the red battery lead right to them. By code they have to be within 18" of the batteries. Sometimes they have a red cover over them. https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=BqT81%2fi2&id=8D4939A7F0965679E3E29C89B963B0D9C24CDC15&thid=OIP.BqT81_i2snOEu0WIlAltMAHaG6&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fwww.waytekwire.com%2fimages%2fitems%2f46375BFL.gif&exph=560&expw=600&q=shortstop+breaker+photo&simid=608020010960554839&selectedIndex=0

It would be helpful here if you let me know whose slide hardware you have. If there are two cables on the outside of each room that is a BAL Accuslide unit. Two gear tracks on each side of the room is a Lippert Schwintek unit. Tracks underneath are usually either Power Gear or Lippert units. Also let me know if this is all electric or hydraulic powered on this one.

There are two tracks underneath the slides

A​nd are these all electric or do you have a pump and motor for hydraulic power?

they are all electronic

So the first place to check is up by the batteries at the shortstop breakers. I sent you that photo link before. This is much easier is you have a small digital multimeter. That way you can see the voltage that is there or not. If you have good power to the copper post side and not the silver post side it is tripped or defective. I can assist you with the testing. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to pick up a meter and test the power at the breaker?