RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I WILL BE BUYING A 1998 WINNABAGO RIALTA MOTORHOME IT DOES…

Customer Question
I WILL BE BUYING...

I WILL BE BUYING A 1998 WINNABAGO RIALTA MOTORHOME IT DOES NOT HAVE A GENORATOR WHAT SIZE AND MODEL DO i NEED?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

IT IS AN RV 79000 ILES AUTOMATIC

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '98 RV?

RIALTA

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT GAS GENORATOR DO I NEED TO USE ON MY RIALTA MH

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
3/29/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Are you looking to use a portable one or are you going to have one installed into the RV?

Does this unit have a roof AC in it?

Thanks, Robert

IF you are looking for a permanent install for a gas generator I would go with an Onan that would give you plenty of wattage to run everything. IF you are looking for a portable generator then I would consider a Honda, many RV owners use them and it will depend on what you have for options in the RV to what size to get, Click HERE for a chart on the Honda's to give you an idea of what each one will do. IF your unit does have an AC unit you probably are going to want at least 3000 watt rated generator.

Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns, follow ups are included.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

ROBERT