RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 1993 fleetwood bounder. The refrigerator check…

Customer Question
We have a 1993...

We have a 1993 fleetwood bounder. The refrigerator check light will not go off. We have beans new house batteries and brand new 12 volt battery. There is more than enough propane. The lights I side the fridge work. Also checked the fuses. Help. What is causing the "check" light to stay lit?

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes, we have checked them both and the fuses are good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes hubby is fixing it. He is a good mechanic but this has him stymied

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not yet

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please give me a few mins to type a response...

Robert

When the check light comes on it means it tried to light off on LP but failed. This can be caused be several items.

To start if you have not used the fridge in some time it may take a couple tries. I would also blow out the burner tube really good and make sure the electrode is 1/8" over the burner tube. The electrode is what does the sparking and the burner tube where the LP comes into is right below it and slotted, sometimes bugs or debris can get inside the burner tube and cause the fridge not to light off. So I would blow that area out really good.

Be hard for you to know what the actual LP pressure is, should be checked yearly and that is done with a manometer. I understand if other appliances are working. GO to the main LP tank valve and shut it, SLOWLY open the valve back up, sometimes if that valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you may not get the proper pressure.

These are some basic items you can check. IF you can get me the make and model of the fridge I should be able to send you some more information on this.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page, you can still follow up if needed....

ROBERT

Just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

ROBERT

Was just checking in to see if my answer was helpful? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert