RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

What material is the Dometic refrigerator door hinge made…

What material is the...

What material is the Dometic refrigerator door hinge made of? Will Gorilla super glue bond to the surface?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2001 Newmar Mountain Aire has engine.should be gas not has.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

That’s not the issue

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 RV?

Mountain aire

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Refrigerator (Dometic) hinge is broken. Can it be glued with Gorilla glue?

3/28/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

NO I do not think that will work at all or last very long I know on some of these Dometic's if the hinge is broken the entire door has to be replaced. I have seen owners try to glue them and that repair does not work or if it does not very long. IF you can get me the model of the Dometic I can see if a hinge is available or if the door does need to be replaced.

Robert

Normally the hinge is a plastic material and one thing that may work for you is JB weld. That would hold up better then gorilla or super glue, once again if you can get me the model of the Dometic I can see if there is a hinge kit...

Robert

Model # DM2862RBX

OK... Let me check....

Robert

Think there is click HERE and have a look not sure which hinge you need but it is a parts break down, if you see the part it is obtainable and the good news is this is a fairly newer model so most any RV store should be able to get it for you. Looks like that hinge screws in some of the Dometics are only glued into place and when they break the hinge can not be replaced. So this should help you out with part numbers.

Hope this helps you out, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.... ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic