RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I the new owner of a 1991 Pace Arrow 37' no slides. How do I…

Customer Question
Hello, I the new...

Hello, I the new owner of a 1991 Pace Arrow 37' no slides. How do I get the jacks down to level the unit? I am waiting for the previous owner to send me the manual but I thought I might be able to get some help here.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Sorry for the delay my laptop needed a new charge. It is a 1991 Pace Arrow Oshkosh with a Ford engine. It is 37' long with a queen size bed in the back.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

It is an automatic, has around 61K on it I drove it from south easter Ohio to our home here in Apex, NC.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '91 RV?

I have no clue what you mean by model?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have a fellow who owns a salvage service and who services class A motor homes doing my work for me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not right now but I am sure I'll have later.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
3/28/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

You should have a control panel or some levers near the drivers seat that you use to operate the jacks. The parking brake needs to be set, the RV needs to be in park or neutral and you need good battery voltage for them to work, many times the chassis or starting battery is used to operate them.

IF you can tell me who the manufacturer is I should be able to help you out some more, there should be some ID on the control panel or levers.

Robert

It has an Oshkosh frame, and ford engine and was made by Fleetwood
It is 37 feet long and the brand is Pace Arrow

I understand all that but normally you have a control panel inside that is a square pad or some joystick levers near the floor you use to operate the Jacks, I am looking for the manufacturer, they could be HWH, dewald, or something else.

Robert