RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The slide on my 99 Montana 5th wheel keeps moving out when I…

Customer Question
The slide on my...

The slide on my 99 Montana 5th wheel keeps moving out when I let go of the switch. I can stop it by reversing it but when I let go of the switch it moves out again

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

We're talking 5th wheel trailer rv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

Disconnected batteries and pulled switch from wall

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think the problem is in the wall switch but most likely something sticking at the hydronic pump

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

The most common cause of this is a leaking solenoid on the pump manifold. It allows the pressure to bleed off and the room to move. Not usually an expensive repair. Takes about an hour and about $50 or so in parts. If you need more on this please get back to me and a photo of your pump and solenoid would be helpful as there are multiple variations of this setup. Power Gear/Lippert and HWH are the two most common makes of these systems. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

No Randall it isn't. It is an electic seleniod that starts and stops the pump. Thank you anyway, I expect a refund.

I do know what you have and I have been in this business for many years and hold a Master Certified Technic***** *****cense. I suspect you just don't understand how this system works. Not a problem. Just take it into a shop and pay them to repair it for you. And you may ask for a full refund.

You said if I'm not satisfied I would get a full refund no questions asked . Now I will call bbb. There is 2 electric selenoids behind the pump the pump keeps running with the off!
With the switch off