RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Need a tech familiar with Girard G2000

Customer Question
awnings/remote/wireless in my 2005 Monaco...
Need a tech familiar with Girard G2000 awnings/remote/wireless in my 2005 Monaco Dynasty Countess III 42.
I have two Girard awnings, one patio and one over the door. Both say G2000 yet I can only find ONE motor controller.
Main awning works and I figured out how to program the remote for it, but I cannot get the door awning to respond to
anything. One time it came in and then next day it was out again. Question is: Can two operate on ONE motor controller?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
called Girard and they tell me the door awning is G1500 even though stamped G2000. Only one controller and that is for the main awning (G2500). Sent me instructions on how to factory reset the door awning it did not work for me. After I was done I sat the two remotes down and the door awning retracted half way... nothing else has happened...
Answered in 2 days by:
3/30/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You may have to have this looked into by a repair facility that works on your model RV here.It looks like no one has the info on this model to help with the diagnosis or repairs for this issue here.But this may be a fault with the controller itself needing to be repaired or replaced for this fault here.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete