RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2011 Holiday Rambler, Ambassador ... the wipers…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Holiday Rambler, Ambassador ... the wipers don't seem to have a fast speed setting. it works on the other setting but not a fast speed. I had the motor assy replaced after the orginal one stopped working all together.....any ideas ??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

Yes, fuse is good and the new unit works, just doesnt seem to go fast...only slow mode....

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Rambler?

Its a 2011 Holiday Rambler Ambassador, 36 ft PFT , 3 slides on the Roadmasrer Chassis....

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying to fix it my self....I'm traveling and cannot get it into a shop...I have installed a complete new wiper assy from Monaco but again, no fast speed seem to work....

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The new wiper assy p/n was 10107936 ...it came from the REV group...Monaco/ HolidayRambler....thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 2 days by:
3/30/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

It sounds like you may have received the wrong wiper motor assembly.I have run across this before in the past and had to contact the facility I bought the wiper motor from and let them know of the issue so they could parts warranty it either with the correct one or if you have the correct one then warranty exchange it with another one as this one is faulty.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

Hi Pete, I double checked with Monaco and I’m sure it’s the correct assembly. Do you know if this model of Holiday Rambler has had any issues with the dash control wiper switch?? As it the old unit had similar issues I’m thinking that the motor assembly might not be the problem but the switch...or possibly something else???
Thanks
***** *****

Hello

If your old motor had some issues as well the only other thing I see that would cause this fault here is an issue with the wiper switch itself.This switch can fail internally to cause no high-speed operation causing this fault here.If you know for sure the wiper motor is correct this would lead me to believe the wiper switch assembly is the cause needing to be replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Do you know the on for this switch?? 2011 Holiday Rambler 36’ PFT Model, it’s on the Roadmaster chassis
Thanks
Thanks

If your asking for the part number for this switch, unfortunately, my info is not showing me the part number on this one for your model here.You may have to contact a dealer or RV repair facility to get the correct part number needed for your model here.I wish I had better news on that for you here.But I think your on the right track with what you have described with this switch needs to be replaced.

Thanks, Pete