RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I thought it was the battery - no ignition or lights, but…

I thought it was...

I thought it was the battery - no ignition or lights, but there is voltage on the battery and the connectors, so I suspect a fure. Checked all in glove box,

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

There are no lights on when I turn the key, and no interior light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

1999 Fiat Ducato 2.8 LTD it's a swift motohome

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Swift?

1999

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Swift yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to. Battery was flat, but has been trickle charged and now showing 12.83V

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Cant think of anything. There are fuses by the battery, but I can't get the cover off

Answered in 2 days by:
3/30/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately, my info is not showing the fuse info for this model here.I would check all fuses in all fuse panels for any blown fuses.If any are found to be blown the affected fuse needs replaced.If no fuses are found blown at all inspect the power cable connection feed that leads to the fuse panels from the battery and makes sure they are o.k.

If these are o.k. locate any fusible link wire at the starter or alternator or possibly a power junction block that has fusible links in it to see if any links are found burned out needing to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician