RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 1992 Fleetwood Southwind 30 foot 7.5 just started…

Customer Question
I have a 1992...

I have a 1992 Fleetwood Southwind 30 foot 7.5 just started it'll start up and idle . When you put it in gear and take off it bogs down coughs and spits and loses power the more you push on the accelerator the Moore you lose power. Can you help me find a place to start ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It fluctuates

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am I haven't really started yet at all I want to do try and see if I can figure out where to start on this before I make a big mess. I do know the fuel pump is working and that's all

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I did drop the fuel tank and take the sending unit for the gas gauge and that's all I've done it was a starting to act up before I drop the tank so I don't think I did something wrong or hook the hoses that run cuz I believe the hoses where they hook up on top of the tank there are different sizes so I don't think I put them on wrong but it was acting up before I drop the tank .

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
3/28/2018
RV Mechanic: spankyjr1, RV Mechanic replied 3 months ago
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** for your question.Sorry for long delay.

Is this engine fuel injected or carburetor?

How long has it been sitting or in storage before you tried starting?

If you just give it a little gas at a time is it smoother?

Let me know