RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2014 Thor Axis The generator switch on the kitchen…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 Thor Axis The generator switch on the kitchen panel does no show power. The Radio doesn't work also. when I press to generator switch on the dash board and the Emergency start switch at the same time the generator and the radio Starts. when I release the switches the radio and the generator stops. I can't find any blown fuses. Is the bird messed up?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

Yes All the fuses show correctly.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 RV?

24.1 Axis 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I may have to get some a

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I may have to get an Rv Election. I was tying to fix it myself. I have check all the fuses under the steering wheel and the ones under the refigerator.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 2 days by:
3/30/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like you have some shorted wiring possibly.You will need to have the wiring checked near the radio and generator controls/switches to locate and repair any shorted wiring found with this fault here.This will need to be done to help to locate and repair this issue and may require an RV repair specialist with the correct wiring diagrams to help locate the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete