RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I am removing the carpet and said my RV. The carpet goes…

I am removing the carpet...
I am removing the carpet and said my RV. The carpet goes underneath the slide about 8 inches how do I remove that or do I just cut around it?
3/27/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

That is a tight fit on that one. What I would do is cut that out and get it out of the way, at that point you may have room to get a flat bar underneath the carpet that is left and try and pry it out, many times they will use tack strip on the edges but that is not always the case, the only other option is trying to jack up on the room about 1/2" to see if that gives you enough clearance, in the shop we use blocks of wood and a transmission jack. To me it appears they put the slide in after the carpet was down and it might not be worth all the hassle of getting it out. IT should be hidden when you install the new carpet.

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please select a STAR rating on the page...
ROBERT

After looking at the picture again I would see if the piece of wood that comes down to the floor is screwed in. IF that comes off you may be able to get to all the carpet or at least run the new carpet under that a few inches...

Hope this helps out....

Robert

Can I leave the piece underneath the slide and simply take out the carpet from that point on I don’t think it will be seen

You bet and that is what I would do as it will not been seen.

Robert

that leftover piece of carpet then should not inhibit the slide from moving all the way back in since it has been doing that anyway correct

YES what you might want to do is get some spray glue and spray that edge down before installing the new carpet, it should not want to come up but the spray glue will help hold it in place. Make sure you spray both sides the best you can, I might also try and dig out as much padding as you can so it sits a bit lower then it will not catch at that point.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Ok Thank you so much