RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2001 rexhall atheneum diesel motor home. I canot. I…

I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 rexhall atheneum diesel motor home. I canot

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

I have a 2001 rexhall athenum motor hame. I cannot get the leveling jacks to extend. I have the chasse power sw on, the air brakes set and the ignition switch in the acc position. I push the power button on the leveling control panel, some lights come on but when i release the power on button the lights go off, the control panel will not energise. any suggestions.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SW yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only check for loose connections, a couple fuses, find nothing obvious

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing i can think of now.

3/27/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

From what you have described here if all fuses are good and you are all set to operate the jacks and since the control panel lights up then goes off this sounds like the control panel itself is faulty.I have seen some of these fail before in the past where they can light up and go out like this that you're seeing here and not operate the jacks at all.

The control panel signals will need to be tested as well as wiring checked leading to it for any issues needing to be repaired or replaced to correct this fault.But it sounds like it may need to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician