RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a NORCOLD Refrigerator (Serial # 10460229 Model #

Customer Question
I have a NORCOLD...

I have a NORCOLD Refrigerator (Serial # 10460229 Model # N611LT, Group Code 70612, Input 1500 BTUH in my 2008) camper Last year I was having trouble with it defrosting I would cut it off let it defrost then cut it back on all worked great. This year it will not cool on gas are electrical green light comes on steady blinks 6 times then steady again. This pattern continues will not cool. I was guessing it is the control board??????

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

NORCOLD Refrigerator Model No. N611LT Serial Number 10460229.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It is in a 2008 Holiday Rambler

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes,

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: RV
3/26/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Just need to verify that is is flashing 6 times and not 5 times? Are you 100% sure it is flashing 6 times?

Thanks, Robert

me and my wife count both counted

Got it, please give me several mins to type a response.

Robert

This code appears when either your high temperature limit switch has been tripped or there has been a break in the connection at LIMIT IN and LIMIT OUT on the rear power board. Go to the outside access panel and locate the flue canister on the flue canister look for two small wires going to a round disc, in the center of a disc is a small button, make sure it is not tripped. Sometimes low voltage can cause that to trip. IF you do not see the small disc unplug the AC cord for the fridge and remove the cover on the board, you should see terminals for limit in and limit out, if you DO not have the high limit then you will have a jumper on the terminals. Click HERE so you know what you are looking for.

Make sure your fridge is level, you have good DC voltage going into the fridge, make sure you do not see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge or smell ammonia. Basically this code means it got to hot on the back of the fridge and tripped the high limit, so if you do have the reset and can get the code to go away only for it to come back then it could be a failed cooling unit, it can rupture or become blocked, for a blockage you might not show any symptoms at all.

Please let me know if you need more help on this, follow ups are included.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..

Robert

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

ROBERT