RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My atwood lpg water heater doesn't ignite the light comes on…

Customer Question
My atwood lpg water...

My atwood lpg water heater doesn't ignite the light comes on straight away with no other activity and i have a second one both 1996+ that after not igniting the light doesn't come on at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the wall mounted switch ,

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '96 RV?

Caravan actually the units were both 96 made

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

The no2 unit will go as normal but if ignition doesn't comlplete the failure to ignite light does not light up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The No1 unit does nothing when turned on, just the failure to ignite light comes on strait away before any ingnition sequence starts

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
3/26/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

S​orry for the delay in someone getting to your question! This came in the middle of the night here. I am in California and just got online and it is just 6 a.m. now. If I understand this correctly, there are two water heaters here with somewhat different issues. Is the control board the same one for each unit? And do you have a 12 VDC test light or can you come up with one from a local hardware or automotive parts store? That would make the testing on this much easier. I am adding a link to the Atwood Water Heater Service Manual for you. It covers most all their units and even if yours is a different model number the basics of the operation are the same. Print this out so you have it and get back to me with the above information and I can assist you further here. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/atwoodwaterheater.pdf

Hi Randall , During the delay i have sourced a second hand circuit board and have solved my problem, thank you for your response, I have asked for a refund . cheers Ron

No problem........thanks for letting me know.