RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2017 24V, I was getting ready for first trip, went…

Customer Question
I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 24V , I was getting ready for first trip, went to fill up with diesel pump turn off went to pay came out and diesel was running on the ground, drove it home and it is still running out, so far about 2 1/2 gallons.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

Motor as about 800 miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 RV?

24V

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to, open the gas cap also started Motor Home.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to stop it from coming out of overflow pipe.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
3/26/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

A​re you certain it is running out of the top of the filler spout and NOT out of the overflow or the hose that connects the filler spout to the tank?

I​s this a diesel powered unit? If you put diesel in a gasoline unit it might do this. I don't know how else this would happen unless you were on an incline when you filled it up and it was overfull and perhaps now you have the spout lower down due to the way it is sitting in the driveway and running out. Is that perhaps the case here?

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!