RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2010 keystone raptor 3912. No power on GFI outlet in kitchen…

Customer Question
2010 keystone raptor 3912...

2010 keystone raptor 3912. No power on GFI outlet in kitchen or bathroom. All breakers are fine but no power

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Constant

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 RV?

I removed the outlet checked the wires with a meter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the GFI outlet first. Still nothing. I just removed it again to check if it was actually getting power. It is not. I checked all the breakers in the main box but have not found any problems. Is the power for those outlets coming from somewhere else?

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: RV
3/25/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 25 days ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok

A​re you using any kind of adapter on the shore cord? If this has an inverter/charger then check the breakers on that to be sure they aren't tripped. Let me know what you find and we can go from there. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Breakers are fine it has no adapters on 50amp supply

Inverter/charger? If so, check those breakers. If not, you need a small multimeter for some testing. All other AC uses working fine?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The power inverter is looks good.

Looks can't tell is if it is working or not. You need a small digital multimeter for some actual AC voltage measurements. Is that possible?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
All other outlets work. Just the GFI outlet in the kitchen and the outlet in the bathroom have no power. All of my DC circuits are working also. I used a meter to check all of my AC outlets

What about the output at the AC breakers in the load center?

What is the actual AC voltage you are getting? Do you have an automatic transfer switch and generator?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
It fluctuating between 0 and 20 volts and yes I have on board generator

At the breaker? If so, then it is bad and needs to be replaced.

Using the AC volts scale on the 200 setting? Red lead on the wire out of the breaker and black lead on the white neutral bar or ground strap?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No at the outlet. Would those two outlets be on a separate circuit

Might be. Usually there is a GFCI outlet in the bathroom area and one in the kitchen area.

You said you checked the AC voltage INTO and OUT of that GFCI outlet?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I just took the cover off the breaker box I'm going to check power on each one

10-4

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Looks like the GFI outlet may have been installed incorrectly. No wires are connected on the line side of the outlet.

The line side is for the INCOMING AC power. The load side if for the OUTGOING AC power.

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 23 days ago

Were you able to get this turned around or replaced?

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification