RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We turned the propane heat on this morning and now the HVAC…

We turned the propane...

We turned the propane heat on this morning and now the HVAC won't work at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No. The furnace fan won't even kick on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2008 Tiffin Phaeton

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Phaeton yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. We,ve checked the fuses and electricity.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

A/C won't kick on. The gas heat was on and when we switxhed over to air conditioning EVERYTHING quit.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

W​hat is the make and model of your furnace? And make and style of your thermostat? If a digital model, does the display light up or not?

Do the other 12 VDC powered appliances work fine?

Fridge works. Thermostat is not digital. No power

So is this an analog Dometic or Coleman thermostat?

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Phone call session started