RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

NORCOLD refrigerator will not run. Cannot turn it off or on…

Customer Question
NORCOLD refrigerator will not...

NORCOLD refrigerator will not run. Cannot turn it off or on with the on/off button and is not running on ac, dc, or lp

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No but it has been running for the last 2 days fine. Had similar problem in past and reset high temp box with a magnet but red light is not on right now on the box

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

NORCOLD model 1210 M

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RV?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried a magnet over the temp reset box and have tried turning it off and on but it will not turn off

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
3/25/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Ok. What do you need

Is the display on or not? If not, check the incoming power leads to be sure one didn't come loose and the main fuse for the fridge in your load center. Then the DC fuse on the control board. A small digital multimeter is helpful here for this type of problem. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can furnish a manual and direct you in some testing. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

May be just a bad connection from the lower board to the upper board. I can call you as soon as Customer Service clears your payment. Probably just a Fraud Alert issue with your bank.

I never did get any notification of payment clearing for a phone chat. Did you change your mind about that? I am adding a link to the Norcold Service Manual for you. Print this out so you have it. That does have the information in there for checking the power from the lower board to the upper board in front. Please let me know if you need additional support on this. Thanks! http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncold1210.pdf