RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2004 montana 5th wheel. furnace quit heating.set on "auto"

Customer Question
2004 montana 5th wheel...

2004 montana 5th wheel. furnace quit heating.set on "auto" fan blows, but no heat. worked fine yesterday.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

A/C BLOWS, BUT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE COOLING/ FUSE ISSUE?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

HAVEN'T TRIED ANYTHING.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

OK

SO you are saying the furnace fan comes ON and blows cold air and when you run the AC unit it does not cool?

Robert

OK

Please give me several mins to type a response.

Robert

COULD THIS BE A FUSE ISSUE?

I doubt this is going to be a fuse issue, if that was the case then nothing at all would happen for the furnace OR AC unit.

So have to troubleshoot these separate.

IF you want me to try and help you with troubleshooting I can, I need the make and model of the furnace and it is really important to know if it is sparking, after the fan comes up to speed you should hear the electrode in the furnace spark and click from the gas valve. AS the blower motor comes up to speed it closes a sail switch, only they will you get spark, if you had low DC voltage the fan can slow down and you would never get spark, so make sure your battery voltage is above 12.5 volts or the fan can start to slow down, that would apply if you are not getting any spark.

For the roof AC not blowing cold air you should hear the compressor cycling on and off, if that is not happening check the breakers in your breaker panel and make sure the breaker is not tripped for the AC unit, it needs both AC and DC power to work...

I see you requested a phone call, it did not go through, there is an ADDED fee for a phone service.

Robert

Please respond back here, no need to open new questions....

Robert

I have not control over the payments, billing, memberships etc. Sometimes the card puts a stop on payment as it thinks it is a fruad alert when it is not, have seen that several times from other customers. Click HERE for Just Answer customer support.

I can still help you in this format as needed all follow ups are included....

Robert

I'LL CHECK YOUR SUGGESTIONS. THANKS. LOOKS LIKE I NEED TO FIND A REPAIR SHOP. THANKS

IF you need more help please let me know, I am around daily and respond WHEN I can.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page....

Robert

Just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

ROBERT

THIS IS BEYOND MY SKILL LEVEL. WILL BE VISITING MY RV REPAIR SHOP.

Please keep in mind I only get credit when you select a STAR rating on the page. IF you are NOT satisfied click HERE for customer service they can assist you..

ROBERT