RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The furnace in my 2017 Durango was working for like 10

The furnace in my...

The furnace in my 2017 Durango was working for like 10 minutes then stopped. Checked fuses and one was blown, replaced and keeps blow them. This is new trailer have never used the heater until now

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

I only found one panel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

We were trying to see if it was just fuse, and yes we did it our selves. Just replacing fuse and looked for reset button found it and it still blows fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is it

3/24/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

So does it blow the fuse as soon as you put it in OR once the blower motor comes on?

Thanks, Robert

blows soon as put in

SO that indicates there is a dead short if it blows right away, this could be in the wiring harness for the furnace and there is definitely an issue if it keeps blowing like that. This might require a shop with diagrams to find the problem. IF this is under warranty I would have it looked at as you should not have to pull the RV apart to find the problem. IF it was not blowing right away or until you turned the thermostat ON then I would say make sure the blower wheel is free on the furnace but if it blows right away you have a dead short and would need to be looked at.

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Ok thank you.