RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Don't have one yet..looking..reputaion for pace arrows,

Don't have one yet..looking..reputaion...

Don't have one yet..looking..reputaion for pace arrows, early 2000's and rexhalls??..like their floor plans? thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

The ones I have been looking at are 35 in length and between the ages of 2003 07

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 RV?

Pace arrow 37A

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

04

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No..I am not fixing anything..am wondering if this would be a good buy? 73000 miles gas engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Is this a problem with this model?

3/24/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
ok..only info i have is from a listing on line..i just want to know basically, in your experience if the pace arrow, or the rexhalls in the years between 2003-8 have agood reputation and not a lot of repair issues

E​ither of those would be a good rig. Best to have a survey done on anything you are looking to buy by a reputable technician to insure you aren't buying a host of problems! They know what to look for. All the appliances and systems have to be checked to be sure they are working. The fridge can take 4 hours to cool down if off. Look for leaks to any hydraulics on jacks or slideouts. Check the fluid levels to be sure they look good. Black oil or dark oil in the transmission is a bad sign. Service records are a real plus. Tries can have good tread and just be too old and they will get brittle and are more likely to have a blowout. Check the roof very carefully for loose or cracked sealing. Look in all the cabinets for any signs of water leaks. Make sure that the water system is check with pressure in the lines. Batteries are going to begin to fail about 3 years out. Are the terminals good and clean? Charging at the batteries should be about 13.7 VDC when plugged into shore power.

Condition is everything! Take some time to check these things out. It can be very expensive if you don't. A new fridge is about $1,500 or more. It can add up quickly. I have serviced both of these in my shop and are good rigs, but they are all subject to abuse and neglect. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me later if you need more as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. A phone chat is available with me for an additional $9 and no time limits. Totally optional.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
ok..only info i have is from a listing on line..i just want to know basically, in your experience if the pace arrow, or the rexhalls in the years between 2003-8 have agood reputation and not a lot of repair issuesTHANKS rANDALL VERY GOOD INFO....APPRECIATE YOUR TIME...HOW DOES ONE FIND A TECHNICIAN?

Most RV parks can recommend at least one good one or ask the local shops who does that sort of inspection. I get about $100 for one when I do this.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
ok..only info i have is from a listing on line..i just want to know basically, in your experience if the pace arrow, or the rexhalls in the years between 2003-8 have agood reputation and not a lot of repair issuesTHANKS rANDALL VERY GOOD INFO....APPRECIATE YOUR TIME...HOW DOES ONE FIND A TECHNICIAN?SUPER..THANKS AGAIN...CREATE A GREAT DAY...BYE

Best if they have had it plugged into power for a few hours to be sure that the fridge is working properly. A survey can give you some idea of what any repairs are going to cost. Google the year, make and model and see what others are asking for the same vehicle and adjust for mileage or extra equipment.

T​hanks for that most generous bonus as well! Always nice to be appreciated.

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification