RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I WANT TO INSTALL 2 BATTERYS AND WIRE THEM INTO 2 40AMP AUTO…

Customer Question
I WANT TO INSTALL...

I WANT TO INSTALL 2 BATTERYS AND WIRE THEM INTO 2 40AMP AUTO RESET BREAKERS BUT MY PROBLEM HAD GRANDSON WAS GOING TO HELP ME AND TOOK ALL WIRING OFF OF BREAKERS AND NOT SURE HOW TO WIRE IT BACK CAN YOU HELP

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

FUSES ARE GOOD BUT NO WIREING DIAGRAM THERE ARE OTHER WIRES THAT GO TO THE TWO BREAKERS

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2016 MONTANA 5TH WEEL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES I JUST NEED ADIAGRAM SHOWING WERE TO LAND THE WIRES

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I HAVE A PURPLE AWHITE /RED STRIPE AND ON OTHER IT IS GOING TO BE 2 BATTERYS TO THE 2BREAKERS

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
3/24/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

The batteries are no problem, but I need a photo of the other to give you that. Is that a possibility? You can attach it to your post or we can do a $9 phone chat and you can text it to me.

Are the two batteries 12 VDC or 6 VDC? And are you talking about the shortstop breakers up behind the batteries? See the attached photo link. https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=shortstop+breaker+photo&id=8D4939A7F0965679E3E29C89B963B0D9C24CDC15&FORM=IQFRBA

RANDALL I JUSTNEED HOW TO WIRE IT BACKTO BREAKERS A POTO WILL NOT SHOW HOW IT WAS WIRED THEY ARE DISCONNTED
I HAVE ALLREADY PAID AND NOW YOU WANT MORE
I GUESS THIS IS OVER

No. I was on a phone chat with another customer.

I need to know if you have 6 VDC or 12 VDC batteries. And are you talking about the shortstop breakers? Did you look at the photo link I sent before?

I​ believe we can solve this over a phone chat. $9 for a call to my shop and no time limits. On this sort of problem it is a lot faster. Not all these are wired up the same and without any diagrams I need to know what exactly you have.

A photo would show that.

I​'d like to help you and I have an RV repair shop and do this for a living, but without some information from you I can't do much. There are no wiring diagrams for these and there are all kinds of configurations on Montana 5th wheels.