RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2001 Sprinter by Keystone and the slide in the

I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 Sprinter by Keystone and the slide in the kitchen area is even on both rails but when it goes out the top is leaning in about 2 inches more than the bottom

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried adjusting the vertical and I am at a loss with how the hydraulic ram should be adjusted the book says that if it's not sealing properly take it out further when I do that it leans in at the top more

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it thank you

3/24/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

It sounds like this needs to have the tilt adjusted. It isn't that hard but does require some jacks to do it properly. I am adding a link to the Lippert Service Manual for you which describes this procedure. See page 17. Let me know if you understand how this is done. All the bolts and nuts on each arm have to be loosened first so you can move it up or down or right or left. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/om-hydraulic-slide-out-web.pdf

The ram adjustment really isn't for the "leaning" adjustment. Only for the overall sealing of the whole room. When the room leans "IN" at the top it is too high on the arms and needs to be lowered just a bit. That will allow the top to move out. Keep in mind that a small adjustment at the bottom makes a lot more at the top. It may need to come down only 1/4" or so. This can take several tries to get right. And move the nuts on the shaft in again. Keep the spacing between them. The rams has to be able to move some before it contacts the room or it won't move at all. We can do a $9 phone chat if you want to help understand this. Totally optional.

J​ust be sure to re-tighten up all the bolts and nuts again when you are done so the room stays in the position you wanted it to be in here. Move it right or left first to center it in the opening. If the distance is more at the top on one side than the other then that side needs to go up a bit more than the other. It takes some patience to get this right.

thank you that was a big help

You are most welcome! Two bottle jacks and some blocks will help here. Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer.

You bet and thanks again

10-4

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification