RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a atwood on demand water heater it was working fine…

Customer Question
I have a atwood...

I have a atwood on demand water heater it was working fine until a couple days ago. you turn the water on and just when the water starts to get warm the gas shuts off and the water goes cold. if you wait a couple seconds the gas kicks in again and the water starts to get warm and the same thing happens water goes cold.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

What vehicle are you talking about ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Its not my RV its the atwood on demand water heater that I had installed about 2 yrs ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RV?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything because I don't know what the problem is

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

what information do you need ?

This is a real problem with this unit. Very undependable! It is so hard to keep it working all the time. The water pressure and the LP working pressure have to be exactly correct. Hard water areas make it very difficult. Do you have the User's Manual for this?

just cancel the whole thing .. I will notify my credit card and dispute the charge should it show up on my card

No problem............just take it into a dealer and have him repair it (if he can) and charge you way more that we do! I have an RV repair shop and am a Master Certified Tech and have replaced a number of these units for customers just like you! I see this question numerous times every week...........junk! Have a nice day.

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic