RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

This is our first trip - we just bought the camper on Monday…

This is our first...

This is our first trip - we just bought the camper on Monday - we can not figure out how to get hot water

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2018 Salem towable

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '18 RV?

Model number on my description is SMT30KQBSS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have tried to light the gas and to do it by using the electric

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

What lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We have tried to use the propane and the electric

3/24/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Ok
Can you help

There should be a switch on the wall for the water heater unless you have a manual light model. Then you would light it up outside once you open up the outside inspection cover. What is the make and model of your water heater?

Where do I find that?

If you have a model that heats with both LP gas and AC electric there should be a switch for each on the wall. Usually right around the kitchen sink.

Right - we’ve tried that! We can’t seem to get it to heat

White or black switch on the wall and may have a lightning symbol and a gas flame sign. It takes about 30 minutes to get the water hot.

We’ve tried and we cannot getbit to heat

Open up the outside inspection cover and tell me the make and model off the data tag. Large white cover as a rule. About 20" square.

Take a photo of the switch and attach it to your post. Or we can have a phone chat for an additional $9 and you can text it to me.

Did you find the make and model? See the attached link for a copy of the Atwood models. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/atwoodwaterheater.pdf

It’s fine - we will try and figure it out thabks

Sounds like the dealer did a terrible job of showing you how everything works! Sorry I can't tell you more if you can't tell me what you have. They are not all the same.

I know. Not your fault! Thanks anyway

Y​ou are most welcome!

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification