RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Loosing windshield wipers. I have partial function, speed…

Customer Question
Loosing windshield wipers Mechanic's...

Loosing windshield wipers

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

I have partial function, hi speed only

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2018 Aria 3901

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have contacted Thor, and several RV dealers in this area; not getting any repair facility response. May have to repair myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Trouble shooting guide.

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: RV
3/23/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 27 days ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok, where do I start?

The most common cause of this is a bad switch OR a loose connection on the switch. Rare that a motor will work on one speed and not the other. If you have or can come up with a 12 VDC test light it can be checked. You may need to get the actual chassis manual for this year and model in order to get the wiring diagrams.

Some dealers like Ford have diagrams for the RV chassis models. That would be a good place to start and then try Faxon Automotive Literature or Lloyd's Automotive Literature. Amazon and E-bay can have some chassis manuals listed sometimes. Those vary by the day. Hope that points you in the right direction here. If you get back to me with the make of your chassis I might be able to offer more. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
If I had access and time to wait for a service manual, I would do so, however your answer is very vague. I am looking for specifics for this coach. The model, year and make were already sent.
I am a master mechanic by trade, @ 40 yrs. I need specifics on how to access switch, fuses, etc. Owners manual gives me nothing.

I gave you the sources for the Service Manuals and if you have been in the business that long you surely should have worked on a wiper motor before. I will opt out of this and perhaps another tech here has a manual on your chassis. I don't in my shop. They come and go all the time and some have day jobs like I do, so I don't know when that might be. Don't respond back or it locks me back into the question.

If you give Freightliner Customer Service a call at(###) ###-####they may be able to give you that over the phone or at least e-mail you the wiring diagrams for that circuit. Hope that proves helpful.......

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification