RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Genset won't start. They don't seem to be. 2008 damon

Customer Question
Genset won't start Mechanic's...

Genset won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They don't seem to be

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2008 damon challenger

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Challenger yourself? What have you tried so far?

The genset started fine 3 weeks ago now when I try to start it, it cranks, then turns off the start button continually flashes 3 times

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Perhaps the make/model of generator?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 4 days by:
3/28/2018
RV Mechanic: Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets replied 3 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the brand, model and serial number of the genset?

Does it shut down while you are still holding the start switch, or does it shut down when you release the start switch?