RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a 1992 32 ft,Fleetwood Bounder on a Ford chassis. Ford…

Have a 1992 32...

Have a 1992 32 ft,Fleetwood Bounder on a Ford chassis. Ford dealer says it is a Ford series 53. Having running lights and dash light and instrument problems. Unable to find a wiring schematic anywhere. Hope this gives you some idea on what I'm facing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

It does blow a fuse each time they try it, but mechanic not sure what to do about it and my mind is not smart enough to help there.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E-Series yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not fixing it myself, it's been in the shop since I bought it. That was in Sep. 17. Was having some other problems which were fixed, but this was found during other repairs. It had fuel pump problems, alternator problems, and then was in for general service and checking over. I bought it used and was having it checked out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything, the main thing I thought was giving us and the Ford dealer so much trouble was the lack of a wiring schematic for that model and seemingly no place to find one.

3/23/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I'll answer if I can, my main interest was trying to find a wiring schematic for this model RV.

You should be able to get a chassis manual from either Ford or on Faxon Automotive Literature or Lloyd's Automotive Literature. Fleetwood will have some if you call them at(###) ###-#### They will ask you for the FIN number which is usually behind the driver's seat on the wall or in a wardrobe closet. Let me know how this works out. Both Amazon and E-bay can be good sources for older manuals. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more help as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Once you get a manual you can come back to this posting to get help tracking down the problem.