RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I am trying to find out where the furnace for my motor home…

Hi I am trying...

Hi I am trying to find out where the furnace for my motor home is and how to get the heat on. It sounds like there is a blower on and cold air is coming through the vents

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your RV. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

It is a 2002 Greyhawk

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay I will wait. Thanks

SO in order for the heat to work you need the LP tank ON, good DC battery voltage, then you turn the thermostat ON and raise the temp. What should happen is the blower motor should kick ON, once it kicks on the blower will blow on a sail switch, once the sail switch closes it will pass a signal to the circuit board on the furnace and you should hear it sparking and a single click from the gas valve.

Go outside and if the fan is running you should feel air coming out the exhaust, if it did not fire off then the air will be cold. Some furnaces have an outside access panel you can remove and other just have the intake and exhaust port which makes it harder to work on.

IF you can tell me if it is sparking or not when you first start it up I can tell you the possible problems.

IF you would like to do a phone call that is fine but there is an ADDITIONAL charge for that. IF not we can go back and forth as much as you like in this format...

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The exhaust has cold air coming out of it it has 4 screws that hold the cover on. Do I need to take the panel off?

OK

SO What I would like you to do is shut it OFF, remove the panel and the have someone turn the thermostat back on to start the furnace then I want you to tell me if you can hear anything at all, you should be able to hear the electrode spark, hear a single click from the gas valve and you may smell LP..... This will be key in what is going on.....

I can still call if you like.... I just wanted to let you know of the extra charge, this format works as well, up to you.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Phone call session started

I tried giving you a call but there was NO answer, please let me know if you would like me to call back.

Thanks, Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic