RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Bottom skirt that meets floor around shower is leaking and…

Customer Question
Bottom skirt that meets...

Bottom skirt that meets floor around shower is leaking and there are no cracks inside shower basin

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

2015 Whitehawk parked at rv park for the summer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 RV?

27dsrl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried caulking on . Side then realized it was leaking at bottom next to floor I'm hoping for simple fix as I'm not handy. Made appointment at Orlando rv but the soonest I can get is a month away

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​hat sounds like a leak at the drain or P-trap. Any opening or heating vent in that skirt area? Or access from the side? What is located on either side of the shower?