RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2017 Winnebago and the refrigerator, microwave, as…

We have a 2017...

We have a 2017 Winnebago and the refrigerator, microwave, as outlets are not working. The generator is on and the RV is plugged.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Mercedes Winnebago 2017

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 RV?

Sprinter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just brought it back from the tech and it's still not working

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thank you

You really should not have the RV plugged into shore-power with the generator running or you can cause problems.

So this is what I want you to try. Shut off the generator, unplug from shore power, go inside and shut ALL your breakers OFF, while the unit is unplugged and the breakers are off check to see if you have any breakers that are tripped on the inverter, most inverters will have one or two breakers on them, they can be a small switch or round buttons, make sure none are tripped.

Plug back into power, turn the breakers ON one at a time and see if your power is restored, if not go around the RV and make sure you do not have a tripped GFI, these will be outlets with a test and rest on them, they are normally in the bathroom and or galley but can be about anywhere else including the outside.

Let me know. IF the problem is not solved I will need the make and model number of your Winnebago...

Robert

I already checked all the breakers and reset them
I will try that now

10-4 check the inverter as well for a tripped breaker.

Robert

What is a GFI?

That would be an outlet with a test and reset on it, normally they are present around water sources, bathroom, galley etc.

IF you can get me the model of your unit I can get a wiring diagram that shows how the AC power is routed.

It is a 2018 Mercedes sprinter Winnebago
I mean 2017

What is the model name, vista, tour etc.

Sprinter is the type of chassis.

The model is sprinter

Sprinter is the the type of chassis it is. They use that sprinter chassis on several models.

Hmmm I'm not sure. I found the GFI and it would let me pressed reset

Normally the model of the RV is in lettering outside someplace.

So you are saying the GFI reset or nothing happened when you pushed it in.

Let me ask you this, did you plug the cord into an outlet for the generator? IT would be outside.

The generator can run on its own

I understand that but normally you have to physically plug a cord into an outlet near the generator to allow AC power into the RV.

I am really at a disadvantage with out knowing the model, sprinter is the chassis, you could have a VIA, VIEW, TREND, etc that is the model. On that type of chassis it is a class C or B RV and many times you physically have to plug a cord in coming off the generator into an outlet, the cord would be near the generator along with the outlet.

It's class b

I understand that, but still need to know the model.

I don't know that information. Thank you for your help

No problem.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic