RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a new shadow cruiser 195. We haven't used it yet but…

Have a new shadow...

Have a new shadow cruiser 195. We haven't used it yet but have it charging. Tried to open slide out but it just made a horrible noise and doesn't move. Help?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Shadow?

2018

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Shadow yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. It's in our yard and we are trying open the slide out. Is it possibly because the batteries are low?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?

Brand new but it's been sitting for about two months without charging.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Just want to open the slide out.

3/22/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Low voltage would certainly affect the operation of the slide-room, I would leave it plugged in for a few hours and then try to run the room out, make sure the unit is also level as well or that can cause problems. Most of these slides are wired directly to the battery so if the battery is not fully charged the room may not run or run poorly. IF you get a volt meter and check the battery it should be around 13.5 volts when it is charging. IF you still have that horrible noise with a fully charged battery and the unit is level I do not think I would chance it and have the dealer take a look at it. Anything that is wrong on this should be covered under new warranty....

Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...
Robert

Ok. Thank you

No problem at all, please let me know if you need more help.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..
Thanks... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic