RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have domestic thermostat 3313197.000 and I think it is not…

Customer Question
I have domestic thermostat...

I have domestic thermostat (###) ###-####000 and I think it is not working properly. When I turn on the air conditioner and set the temp, it will come on but it will not shut off when it gets to the set temp. Also when I turn on the furnance the floor furnace will come on along with the heat strip on ceiling. Can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Not that I am aware of. I have two furnaces and ac units and the front main one is acting up.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Georgetown XL 2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes if possible. I thought I would replace the thermostat.(###) ###-####000

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes should I try to reset the red thermostat button.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
3/22/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Do you have the User's Manual for this? Set the Fan speed to "Auto" and it will stop the furnace and A/C fan from both coming on. How do you get the A/C to go off then right now?

See the attached link for a copy of the User's Manual for this thermostat. And if the A/C fan or compressor won't shut off the most likely cause is a bad relay on that control board. You may have the board installed in the top of the A/C or in the control module on the bottom in that gray plastic box about 8" square. If that is your model. The whole kit with control box and thermostat is less than $100. Hope that points you in the right direction here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. http://www.primetimerv.com/download/ComponentManuals/Thermostat-SingleZoneDigital-Dometic-OperatingInstructions.pdf

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!