RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Trying to replace the Sirius receiver in my '12 Winn View.

Customer Question
Trying to replace the...

Trying to replace the Sirius receiver in my '12 Winn View. Im having a hard time figuring out the location of the receiver

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

'12 Winnebago View

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 RV?

2012 Winnebago View

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im trying to find the location of the satellite radio receiver

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

It came with the vehicle

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
3/22/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Ok thank you

Click HERE and HERE it looks like it is behind the radio unit center dash. I will also double check to see if any other prints give location......

Hope this helps..... Robert

I am not seeing any other prints that shows it, the first link on the last page shows it as part of the docking kit....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Thanks, Robert

Sadly, I’ve already reviewed these diagrams but there is not enough detail

OK.... I have no idea what you have looked at or not. My next suggestion for you would be to call in directly to Winnebago tech support to see if they can give you a hand on this. Make sure you have your VIN handy to give them. IF you need a number let me know.

My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, if you would like to try another RV expert on this site please let me know. I only get credit when you select a STAR rating on the page, if you are not satisfied do NOT select a rating and I can direct you to customer service.

Robert

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

I​ noticed your question back up on the board again. I have to say that as someone who has an RV repair shop I can tell you that I have to call in Winnebago sometimes as well. Way too many variations and sometimes the prints are not correct due to some changes that may have been made along the way. I think Robert's recommendation here was a good one.

I​f you look on the first page of print 174639 is shows that as right above the passenger's door and on the print in box 700. I suspect that it is in or underneath that area in the overhead. I would check in that area first. Hope that proves helpful.

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago

Just checking back in to see if you were able to locate the receiver?