RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

No power at all to my microwave. Model DOTR12CB. Already…

No power at all...

No power at all to my microwave. Model DOTR12CB. Already replaced internal cb. Worked once and went out again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2011 greyhawk 31’

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sent to dealer (Blackhorse RV) they said they could find a replacement microwave. Another place replaced cb but didn’t work more than once.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that’s it

3/22/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please give me a few mins to type a response.

Robert

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok. Thanks

I think I would go with a replacement on this since it went out again after replacing the internal CB, probably something else going on causing it to trip. Then you should have some kind of warranty on the replacement and not have to worry about. I would strongly suggest that the shop or dealer check the AC voltage at the outlet and the polarity to make sure the wiring in the RV is not causing the problem, it is a 5 min check to do that, want to make sure that is good. Beyond that I would go with the replacement.....

Hope this helps out, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
That’s what I was guessing (replacement), but I can’t seem to find one anywhere online. Do you have any suggestions?

That model is obsolete and about the only place you are going to find a direct match is from a RV salvage yard, some good ones are Colaw and Arizona RV salvage, beyond that you are going to have to measure the current one and see what is available, and then a new mounting bracket may be required. A good RV shop should be able to mount a new one for you. I helped a customer awhile back with the same problem and put in a frigidaire model FFCM1134LB but some modifying had to be done. That is just an example for you, you would need to measure and see what is available if you can not get a direct replacement from a salvage yard.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Sorry for the delay I had to check my history for that customer I helped a few years back.....

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Or do you know if the dotr16b will fit as a replacement?

Did you not see my response? I am not sure if the dotr16b would be compatible, you would have to check all the measurements.... I believe your current one is about 21 7/8 wide and the dotr16b is 30" so that would not work.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Was just checking in to see if my answer was helpful? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic