RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Purchased a used 1999 Holiday Rambler Navigator 42 DSS. It…

Customer Question
Purchased a used 1999...

Purchased a used 1999 Holiday Rambler Navigator 42 DSS. It has an electronic lock. Previous owners gave me the code but it does not seem to work. Is there a button or something that needs to be done prior to this code locking or unlocking the door?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

No I have the code

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put the code in

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
3/22/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

• To lock, shut the door. Pressing 7/8 and 9/0 simultaneously will lock the entry door.

• To unlock, enter your five digit PIN (Personal Identification Number).

• Then Press 3/4 to unlock the bay doors.

With all that being said if the keyless pad still does not work then you may need to re-program the number and there are several steps involved with that, in a nutshell there is a programming button usually found inside the passenger side armrest, under the cupholder OR inside the entry door, you hit that switch and the system will beep and then you punch the new number in. Below is the information I have.

IF that will not work for you then I would get a Hold of Holiday Rambler technical support and they should be able to give you the proper directions for resetting that. I am not sure how far back the info I have is valid for. However HR does have tech support for owners and can be reached at 800....509... 3417... They should be able to send you something....

I hope this helps you out.

TO CHANGE THE MASTER CODE (PERSONALIZE)
1. Locate and press the programming switch.
Usually found inside the passenger side armrest, under the cupholder.
2. Four rapid beeps will sound.
3. Enter 1-1-1-9 on the keypad.
4. Three rapid beeps will sound.
5. Enter your personal code. (3-8 numbers)
6. Wait 5 seconds for 2 rapid beeps.
7. Test the new PERSONAL CODE.
8. If the new code doesn't work repeat steps 1-7.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please select a STAR rating on the page... You can always follow up as needed as well...

ROBERT

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

ROBERT

No it did not work. Pressing the 78 and 90 together does not lock the door. Also I cannot find the programming switch. The passenger seat does not have a cup holder.

OK

I would call HR tech support they can be reached at 800....509... 3417...

They should have something they can send you on re-programming. They moved the programming button over the years and I was going off the information I have saved when I worked for them. They should have phone support still for owners so I encourage you to call them, just make sure you have the VIN ready to give them.

Robert

I bought the unit in Florida and drove home to virginia. After about 200 miles the and light on dash came on. I figured it was a sensor and hit the abs reset button under the dash. If it comes back on what do you think it could be?
Abs

SO you are saying the ABS light is on while driving?

Robert

it was and I pressed the abs reset switch and it went out

OK

Give me a few mins to type a response, I do know a bit on that system...

Robert

IF the ABS light comes on while driving there is an issue, it will come on when you start the engine and then should go off when you go over 7 MPH it does a self check.

When the ABS light does go off it stores a code and a shop with a special code reader can pull codes on this. IT could be a sensor out of adjustment, a shorted cable etc.

What you could do if you are comfortable is check all the wheel ends and make sure the sensor is properly seated, inspect all the cables as well, especially in the rear. Get a long flat head screw driver and hammer, you will see the cable going into the wheel ends, it will have a shoulder on the sensor, gently tap on each shoulder if it moves in at all you probably found the problem, once again you would need to drive the unit and see if the fault clears.

Beyond that I would have codes pulled it will say which sensor or cable is the problem or if it is a control module problem, in the long run that saves time and money.

The RV is still safe to drive, you will have normal braking capabilities just not the ABS portion.

Please keep in mind we only answer per issue however I am trying to be helpful with the ABS problem since you could not get the keyless to work yet.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page... Robert

RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 months ago

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert

ROBERT