RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a duo therm furnace that really doesn't shut off. It…

Customer Question
I have a duo...

I have a duo therm furnace that really doesn't shut off. It tries to re=start, but only "sputters"....I checked the board and it's fine, but it tries to re-start (kinda like a car engine sorta turning over but not starting) and a red diode on the board flashes (not sure any of this makes any sense).

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the RV Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your RV?

2004 Dutchman 5th wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just checking the board by a local RV repair shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i guess not

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

DO you have the model number of the furnance?

How many times is the red light flashing? It should be repeating 1, 2 or 3 times then repeat, that would be a code and may help in finding the problem.

Thanks Robert...

You can respond as much as you like all follow ups are included....

Hold on, I'll go out and get it. The light flashes every time it cycles and tries to start

10-4 IF it fails to light off it flashes that light.....

Okay, it is a Model#8535-IV-DCLP. I shut the switch off at the unit because I'm always concerned to let it go. If I shut it off there, then turn it back on and go inside and start it using the thermostat it starts, produces heat. It's only doing this when the furnace tries to shut off. Can I call you at the number listed say tomorrow when the weather improves, or will there be another $5 charge? We're experiencing a Nor' Easter here today.
Oh never mind...just saw the $26 thing.

Yes the 5 dollars is just a deposit to talk to an expert, I would not be answering questions for 5 dollars as I have been in the RV business for over 20 years.

SO if you do not want to continue I can send you a link for customer service. For a phone call there is another charge on top of the question part. IF you would only like to do the question I can still give you some input on this and we can go back and forth as long as you like, no time limit.

Robert

keep doing like we're doing (for whatever the $5 gets me). Like I said, I seem to remember the light coming on every time the fan tries to cycle.

It's not 5 dollars it would be 36 minus the 5 dollar deposit. Just keep in mind a shop will charge at least an hour of labor to diagnose this and many times we can get you going in the right direction.....

Click HERE for customer service if you do not want to continue.

ROBERT