RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Unable to bring sliders or awning. Battery charged 2018 338…

Customer Question
Unable to bring sliders...

Unable to bring sliders or awning. Battery charged 2018 338 RRK Cougar

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Battery is fully charged . When disconnect red key moved the auto level comes on for a second and then off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?

Charging battery and putting the disconnect key in and out. trailer is 1 month old

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

D​o you have one battery or two? Are you plugged into shore power or not?

M​ost of the time this is caused by low voltage and then the shortstop breaker near the batteries trips. By code they have to be within 18" of the batteries. May have a red cover over them. Black button on the end with the copper post that you push in to reset. If you only have one battery this will be a constant problem. Anything with power equipment has to have two batteries and being plugged into shore power helps keep them from running down too quickly. See the attached photo of what these look like. Please get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=BqT81%2fi2&id=8D4939A7F0965679E3E29C89B963B0D9C24CDC15&thid=OIP.BqT81_i2snOEu0WIlAltMAHaG6&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fwww.waytekwire.com%2fimages%2fitems%2f46375BFL.gif&exph=560&expw=600&q=shortstop+breaker+photo&simid=608020010927391581&selectedIndex=0

I am just heading into my shop and will be offline for about 20 minutes.........

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!