RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The electric outlets on the refrig/stove/microwave side are…

The electric outlets on...

The electric outlets on the refrig/stove/microwave side are not working and no fuses blown and no breakers tripped. I need to know which circuit they are on so I can replace the proper one. there is nothing in the paper I received showing which breaker is the correct one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

Yes the RV was purchased in 2013 and this is the first time it has had problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 RV?

320rs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes will replace the breaker myself Havent tried any thing yet

3/21/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

ok

T​he two most likely causes are either a tripped GFCI outlet or a tripped breaker on the inverter/charger. There should be a GFCI outlet in the kitchen area and one in the bathroom area. These control more than one outlet. Push the button in to reset. If it won't reset, then there is probably a short or some feedback in one of the appliances that is plugged into it. Check that.

I'm waiting but this site keeps interrupting with adds., How do i connect to the technician

The inverter charger is usually located near the batteries. About the size of a shoebox. Many are made by Xantrex or Magnum. If you have a 120 VAC refrigerator like in your home it will be powered up by the inverter. If the batteries get run down it will trip.

Did you see my first response? I add that again in case you missed it. T​he two most likely causes are either a tripped GFCI outlet or a tripped breaker on the inverter/charger. There should be a GFCI outlet in the kitchen area and one in the bathroom area. These control more than one outlet. Push the button in to reset. If it won't reset, then there is probably a short or some feedback in one of the appliances that is plugged into it. Check that.

I have checked the electrical box, in and under all cabinets and could not find a reset of any kind. is there some place else it might be.
saw the first response, I have looked by my battery and did not see but will check again

Do you have the manuals that came with this? There should be one or the inverter/charger.

Heavy red cable from the batteries would go right to it. If you don't have an inverter charger it would be a straight converter and not involved in your problem. Did you flip all the Service Breakers off and then back on again in the load center? Most are along the floorline. Dark brown or black and about 18" square. Cover comes open to expose the fuses and breakers.

i have also look at all of the outlets and there are no reset on any
I looked through the paper work and there is no manual on the inverter/charger, will check the battery area and then look thru paper work again. will be a few minutes

There are at least two GFCI outlets in that trailer. Did you find the load center and check the service breakers?

ok thanks, ***** ***** the problem it was a GFI that was tripped. not in the area I looked. so its all back on. Yes i did flip and reset the breakers before contacting you thanks for the help

Great! And you are most welcome! Please tell your friends about our service at Just Answer.

only problem is I did not find the second GFI willl keep looking I guess. have a blessed day

It will be there someplace and sometimes it can be kind off hidden where they put an outlet you may not be even using. And thanks.......you have a blessed day as well!

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

J​ust curious why you asked for a refund on this? Kind of hard to have a "blessed day" when I end up working for almost nothing here. Seems like kind of a contradiction to me.

I was lied to. When I accessed the site it said $5 no mention as to any other charge. Then when I saw it post on my account it added $32. If I had been told up front of the additional cost I would not have accessed the site. False advertising and the lies caused me to contact the site. You might advise them in the future not to have hidden cost or give false information.

I think you just missed the fact that the $5 is only a deposit and not the whole fee. It says when i

...I respond there will be an added fee of some additional amount. If I was only getting part of $5 I would never be working here! And how much would this have cost you in taking it to the shop or calling in a mobile tech? Over $100 for sure. Sorry you felt that $5 was a fair fee for all the time I spent helping you fix this. My day was "no blessed" and I doubt HE will bless you either. Maybe food for thought here.