RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a AFMD25111A furnace that is 1.5 year old but the…

I have a AFMD25111A...

I have a AFMD25111A furnace that is 1.5 year old but the first time it was turned on was last week and it worked fine. One week later the blower runs and it sounds like its trying to lite but throws a code on red light of flame sense fault. Ive tried resetting with switch but same thing happens and all the wires are tight

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The red light on control board inside furnace

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2016 Winnebago Minnie 28 foot travel trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to fix it myself. Ive reset the thermostat and checked wires to make sure they are tight and checked the limit switch (good). The burners on stove work fine. It seems like the blower isn`t blowing as hard as it did last week

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That`s all I can think of

3/21/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please give me several mins to type a response.

Robert

Normally as the blower comes up to speed it closes a sail switch and passes voltage through the high limit, only then will you get spark. IF the blower motor was slowing down then the sail switch may open up and the furnance would stop working. CHECK your DC battery voltage make sure it is not below 11.5 volts, if the motor was slowing down due to voltage then it would be a problem, I only mention this because of your comment with the blower not blowing as hard. Make sure nothing is blocking the vents inside as well.

A flame sense fault indicates that you have an issue either with the igniter probe (electrode), the circuit board itself or the connection between both. Try cleaning the igniter probe with alcohol and a Scotch Brite pad and remove and replace the connector a few times to remove any residual corrosion. Make sure the electrode is also gaped properly the electrode senses the flame and sends a signal to the board. IF the board is not getting that signal it will shut down.

The board could also be the issue and most RV stores have a special board tested and can tell if the board is the problem. Have seen some issues on this particular model where the board can get wet because of poor design and fail, inspect the board and make sure it is not all rusty, front and back.

Hope this points you in the right direction, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Robert,
Thanks again for your suggestions. The problem was the air flow because the fan was set at low setting and two of the vents was covered with mats to wipe feet on. After mats were removed and fan was set to AU furnace fired up normal.
Have a good day and if I could give 5 more stars I would !

So glad you found the problem, the key in this was the comment with the fan appearing to slow down.

Thanks for the positive remarks...

Robert

You are welcome.