RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

How do I replace hot water check valve on 2002 winnebago…

Customer Question
How do I replace...

How do I replace hot water check valve on 2002 winnebago adventurer

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?

75,000 miles and no leaks, but hot water is not making it to the faucets, but the tank is full and when open the outlet vale, water comes out as expected

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 RV?

Winnebago adventurer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just need directions on how to replace the check valve on the hot side of the water heater

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Or more important, how to get to it, would be a s great start

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
3/21/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

not sure what other questions you may have, this is pretty straight forward question, how do I get to the check valve on the water heater to replace it

T​hat can be due to several things. Do you know the make and model of your water heater? If not, open up the outside inspection cover and that should be on the data tag. It might be a bypass valve in the wrong position or it might be that the check valve is stopped up with hard water deposits.

this will have to wait until tomorrow as it is cold outside now, and also dark.

The check valve is on the rear of the water heater. Top line. If yours is below the floor level it may need to be accessed from a storage bay. Most would have a removable panel that you take loose in order to get to it.

No problem. I am here every day.

do you have a pdf or something showing how to get to this check valve?

They are all different. No two are exactly the same. You have to look at your installation and see what might be on that rear area behind the water heater that would be in your way. That usually isn't that hard to do. I am adding a link to the Atwood Water Heater manual in case that is what you have. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/atwoodwaterheater.pdf

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get to the check valve here?