RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

FRONT SLIDE WILL NOT OPEN OR CLOSE WITH WALL SWITCH. 2006…

FRONT SLIDE WILL NOT...

FRONT SLIDE WILL NOT OPEN OR CLOSE WITH WALL SWITCH

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2006 BOUNDER

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 RV?

BOUNDER 35E

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I HAVE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY BUT CANT FIND A REP. SERVICE PLACE

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

NOTHING

3/21/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

GO AHEAD

Does your switch have any name on it? Fleetwood has used a number of various makes of slideout hardware over the years. And is it all electric or hydraulic?

NO NAME ON SWITCH AND ITS ALL ELECTRIC
THE MOTOR WORKS BECAUSE I OPEN AND CLOSE THE ROOM WITH A BATTERY CHARGER
IVE SWITCHED THE WIRES WITH THE BEDROOM SLIDE AND THE SWITCH WORKS
THE REFRIDGERATOR HAS RECENTLY STOPPED GETTING COLD

The slide modules that you describe are probably from Power Gear. It would say that. They do have a fuse on them, so check the one that won't work. And the fridge issue is probably not related to the slide out problem, especially if it comes on at all.

WHERE IS THE FUSE ?

Power Gear modules have a 25 amp slo blow fuse on the board. Most boards are mounted side by side in a storage bay on the wall or ceiling.

I'VE NEVER NOTICED ANYTHING IN A STORAGE BAY . THE ROOM WORKED INTERMITTANT THEN STOPPED

See the attached link with a wiring diagram of these. They can be under the sink or under the bed or under the fridge. No one place they put these. https://pdxrvwholesale.com/products/power-gear-slide-out-controller-14-1098-upgrade-kit-800181s

WOULD THAT BE LABLED BATTERY POWER CONTROLL

No. That is under the hood usually and does not have anything to do with the slideouts.

MINE IS BY THE PROPAINE TANK ON THE SIDE

You can give Fleetwood Customer Service a call at(###) ###-####tomorrow and ask them to e-mail you a copy of the wiring diagrams for this coach. They will need the FIN number which is usually found behind the driver's seat on the wall.

ILL LOOK FOR THE BOARD TOMORROW IF IT STOPS RAINING , IS IT POSSIBLE TO HELP ME WITH THE FRIDGE ?

I can, but they usually want to keep the question to one issue. What is the make and model of your fridge?

NORCOLD 1200 I BELIEVE , DOUBLE DOOR WITH THE ICE MAKER

That is probably due to a tripped out hi limit switch sensor. See the attached link for that information. https://www.arprv.com/troubleshoot-norcold-recall.php

AWESOME , ID THAT ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE COACH

You are most welcome!

BACK SID OF FRIDGE CORRECT ?
I CANT TYPE
BACK SIDE OF FRIDGE

Yes. Open up the outside vent cover. Look for a red light on.

OK I WILL CHECK IT AS SOON AS THE STORMS BLOW OVER , THANK YOU

You are most welcome! Get back to me later if you need more. I can tell you that batteries that are failing or low on water can cause either of these issues. Best have them load tested to find out if they are viable. They usually begin to fail about 3 years old.

IVE TESTED ALL THAT BUT THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

10-4

POWER CONTROL MOD SEEMS TO BE THE ISSUE AND I HAVE ORDERED A NEW ONE

O.K........let me know if you need more later.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification