RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The circuit breaker won’t reset. I have a Zion Roadtrek. The…

Customer Question
The circuit breaker won’t...

The circuit breaker won’t reset. I have a Zion Roadtrek. The last time this happened the tech said it would only reset if plugged into shore power. So after overloading an outlet I waited to get to a camp site to reset the breaker. After pressing test , now the breaker won’t reset and of course none of the outlets work

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Zion Roadtrek 2015 Ram Promastre class B

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Unplugging everything. Watching the help video on Roadtrek system.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

SO try this to start.... Shut OFF ALL your breakers inside the RV, go unplug from power, while the RV is unplugged check the supply post breakers, shut them OFF and then back ON, next plug back into power and then go back inside and turn your breakers on one at a time. Also if your unit has an inverter make sure there is not a breaker tripped on the inverter.

Let me know.... Follow ups are included.....

Robert

NO shut them all off unplug from power check the breaker on the supply post turn it OFF and back ON, plug back into power then turn all your breakers back ON let me know.

Robert

Ok. But when I get ready to turn all breakers back on ( btw they all will go to on position) it’s the Test breaker that once I pressed it : it would not go back on. ; Do I turn all breaks on then the test breaker ?

YES turn them all on then the test breaker so if it will reset, I suspect this is going to be a bad breaker if the other items are working off the other breakers but it is possible there is a wiring issue at one of the outlets, if one of the outlets had a connection issue, burnt wire that will not reset.

Robert

SO if that will not reset for you and the other items off the other breakers are working what I might do is check each outlet for any loose wires, burnt wires etc. Start with the outlet that is closest to the breaker panel and work away from the panel, all it would take is a problem at one of the outlets for that not to reset. Make sure you unplug from power while checking the outlets. If all the outlets look good I would replace that breaker. I am not sure where you are going to find one as it is a bit unique because it has that test button on it. Might want to try a local RV store to start but it may need to come from roadtrek, I would still check the connections to the breaker when you are checking the outlets.

The tech that told you it should reset was correct, it should reset when it has AC power, unless there is a wiring problem or the breaker has failed which is possible.

Let me know if you need more help, I am around daily and respond when I can.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Was just checking in to see if my answer was helpful? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert

Good morning Robert. I called Roadtrek this morning. The trick to resetting the GFCI receptacle breaker is to push it first all the way off then push it on. It takes some muscle ( for a woman ) because I thought it was off, but when I really pushed it off , it then was truly in the off position and it went back on - without needing to be connected to shore power. And all outlets work fine. Have a good day.

Thanks for the update and I am glad everything is working for you now.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Thanks, Robert